[FC] wiring

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon May 7 13:40:36 EDT 2007

guys
three issues with my '61 Rampy;-
#1 which wire goes onto the "s" post on the starter, yellow or purple? The purple wire is a heavier gauge  & it has been three years since I took the original motor out and I have forgotten.
#2 the original motor had the car - type carb cross- shaft with the steel rod actuator that attaches to the lever coming off the bottom of the cross- shaft. I am installing a 140, so have fabbed up a lever for the cable on the top of the cross- shaft. Is the length of the lever critical?
#3 My store - bought individual air cleaners will not fit underneath the engine lid. Do any vendors make a set that will, or any clues how you have set up 140 air cleaners inside FCs?
Thanx
Tim
'65 Monza 'Vert  sale pending
'61 Rampy group red