[FC] wiring

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 16:21:24 EDT 2007

Tim,

  The Purple wire goes to the "S" terminal.
  Try to make your lever the same length as stock. Joel got things a little backwards earlier. Too short and you bottom out befor ethe pedal hits the floor and bend something. Too long and you never get full carb opening.
  I used some aircleaners from K&N, which fit under my engine lid. I looked through their catalog and found some with the proper diameter to fit the carbs. I then rigged a fitting for the PCV valve and away I went. I gave them away when I went back to stock, or I would fgive you the numbers. I will look for the docs and try to find a part number.

  Good Luck,
  Bill Wells

  guys
three issues with my '61 Rampy;-
#1 which wire goes onto the "s" post on the starter, yellow or purple? The purple wire is a heavier gauge & it has been three years since I took the original motor out and I have forgotten.
#2 the original motor had the car - type carb cross- shaft with the steel rod actuator that attaches to the lever coming off the bottom of the cross- shaft. I am installing a 140, so have fabbed up a lever for the cable on the top of the cross- shaft. Is the length of the lever critical?
#3 My store - bought individual air cleaners will not fit underneath the engine lid. Do any vendors make a set that will, or any clues how you have set up 140 air cleaners inside FCs?
Thanx
Tim
'65 Monza 'Vert sale pending
'61 Rampy group red