[FC] route to Detroit

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Wed May 23 13:24:58 EDT 2007

Clark is right about the gas prices.  However, if that isn't too much of an
issue for you, and you haven't been to the north side of the Great Lakes,
I'd suggest taking 81 north, and crossing at the Thousand Islands.  The
Thousand Islands Parkway is a beautiful drive, and once you're on the 401
it's practically a straight shot across to Detroit.

If you do go this way, I highly recommend staying at a particular B&B in
Kingston, Ont: http://www.rosemountinn.com/ You'll earn HUGE brownie points
with the wife.  Plus, my Mom owns/runs the joint<g>

The other romantic stop on the way, is Niagra on the Lake.

Coming through Canada is really not such a big scary proposition.  You'll
find almost 100% of the places you stop at will take American cash, and your
bank or credit cards will work as well.  So will your cell.

The only other thing I'd take into consideration is trying to avoid passing
through Toronto at rush hour.  Other than that, you'll be laughin'!

Regards,
Joel