[FC] wahoo! clutch works fine!

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Tue Oct 16 20:29:55 EDT 2007

Hi all!

After my country ramblings yesterday to look at a couple of Corvairs and by happenstance found two more, I was pumped enough to dive under my GB and figure out why it would not go into gear after installing new Dale flywheel/PP/Disk/release bearing and new clutch cable from The Source.

Well, inspiration made it all too easy. I realized the clutch rod was simply not pulling far enough and I had run out of adjustment room.

I flipped the bracket I fabricated for the front end of the new cable and decided that is where it needed to be. I fabricated a new bracket accordingly, moving it about 1.5 inches further away from the clutch pedal pin, and Voila!

If felt right. I could feel the 'overcentre' point very clearly. I fired up the sucker (pun intended) and gracefully ran it through all the gears......

Even though it is a heavy duty PP, the clutch operates very easily..... way better than before!

And now I am GLACC!

(grinning like a cheshire cat!)

toodles
Merv Krull