[FC] Tranny fluid

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 07:48:45 EDT 2007

 ??? Everything is correct except it should be AMSOIL, Castrol Syntec is second best.
??? Although, I have found out that if you have a completely dry system like during rebuild it takes 4 quarts. If you have only taken the trans and diff apart then you will need 3 quarts total.
??? I always fill the trans first then go to the diff and fill it. Be sure and have everything ready and both fill plugs out. As the trans gets full put the plug in don't worry about tightening yet just get to the diff filling. Fill until it runs out then put the plug in.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care Consulting Services
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com