[FC] Heater resistor and blower motor questions

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 15:57:05 EST 2007

Its getting cold out.  I am in need of a blower motor resistor for my "new" 63 van.  There is just a rectangular hole in the side of the defroster box.  IIRC the resistor is mounted on a panel that fills that hole.  I would need that, and whatever mounts it as well. I have one for a car but the terminals are different.   Aside from that, is a car unit the same as an FC?

  The PO has already changed the fan to a plastic one.  The motor is newer too.  How can I tell if it is a high output unit?

  If I cannot get a resistor I am tempted to run the blower off a relay thru a rheostat for variable speed control.

  Thanks

  Andrew
  Indianapolis IN