[FC] Gen/Fan Blinker

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 20:40:47 EDT 2007

 ??? There are only a couple of things that will make the light come one at all. One is the wire that operates the light could be grounding out, there could be something loose inside the alternator and shorting the same wire turning the light on intermittently. The short could be anywhere between the light and the alternator connection to inside the alternator.

??? Do you have a harmonic balancer? Is it still intact? If so then there is not a belt problem. To answer what someone else said, I have run cars with flipped belts and the light never came on. Unless there is a very obvious mechanical problem, you probably have an electrical issue.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care Consulting Services
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com