[FC] washable air filters

noahsarkinc noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 23:03:12 EDT 2008

Wash in kerosene by gently swishing them until you get them clean.  Then
gently squeeze out the kerosene, and put on newspaper to allow the balance
of the kerosene to "drip dry".  Then using 10 weight oil and an old clean
paint brush, paint a coating of oil on the outer surface.  Try not to get
the foam totally soaked.  Gently squeeze out excess oil, put filters back on
metal frames and install into the housings.
Some engines came with oil bath air cleaners.  To clean those elements, you
soak the element in a pail of kerosene, and allow them to "drip dry".  Clean
the bottom of the oil bath filter, and fill to the line with 10 weight motor
oil.  Reinstall the top housing, and you are done.
Paul in CT