[FC] vent cable and PG adjustment

Keith Hammett keith.hammett at stainlessfab.com
Mon Apr 7 10:33:07 EDT 2008

Thanks to all who responded on the speedometer jumping.  Turned out that
the cable was loose in the head, still have no odometer so will have to
look into that yet.

Since the morning drives are a bit cool, and the vents being stuck open
makes the drive even cooler I decided to look into that over the
weekend.  I discovered that both vents were stuck open.  The drivers
side was my first attempt, removed cable and put PB Blaster down the
casing.  In no time the cable was freed up and working.  Then I moved to
the other side and observed that the ends don't match.  I went ahead and
removed the cable and started to work on freeing it up, that is when I
discovered that it was broke.  Where can I get a new one, or how do I
attach a new cable to the pull handle?  I didn't see one listed in
Clark's.

The PG has a slight slip when you take off if you are not easy on the
pedal.  I thought I would give it some time and see what happens, this
approach has helped some but I think it is time to adjust the low band.
I have not read yet in the shop manual how to do this but does anybody
have any tips for me.

Thanks,

Keith Hammett