[FC] vent cable and PG adjustment

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 11:29:20 EDT 2008

 ??? You can go to most auto parts stores and get a manual choke conversion kit/cable. With a little work I think you could make the cable work with the original mount. Once you get the length you will then need to curl the end, there are several of us that have the tools to do this.
??? You can cut the new knob off the cable and then put the old knob in a pan of hot water for a couple of minutes to soften it and then pull it off the old cable. If by chance it isn't the same size either drill it out or use JB weld to keep it on if the hole is to big.

??? As far as the adjustment goes, it is very simple. Just take off your front cover in the truck and then the adjustment will be on the top corner of the trans. After you have things ready to start, loosen the jam nut and then finger tighten the center stud, the book says 20 in. lb. but finger tight is real close. you will then need to back the center stud out 4 turns, mark it so you don't lose track. Then re-tighten the jam nut keeping the center stud at the 4 turns out and that is all there is to it. If it still slips after that, well, I think you know where you might be headed.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com