[FC] ramp bolts

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Apr 8 10:00:37 EDT 2008

Guys
Last night I installed the nuts that the hinge bolts to for the ramp itself on Rampy my '61 delux.
Of the the original 10 bolts, 9 broke off inside the weld nuts forcing me to grind the 9 ruined nuts off. I called my FLAPS and the parts guy asked me to bring in one of the old ones so I found one that I had ground off . Instead of selling me the original thick, square weld nuts that would have had to welded to the underside of the shelf, he provided me with an excellent update alternative. It is a 5/16 ths nut that is held in place with a spring clip exactly where it should be held. I believe it is made by Au - ve - co and sold in the body/ paint part of the store not the "hardware" section. These simple parts saved me lots of time welding 10 nuts upside down, and is a big time - saver.
Tim