[FC] Greenbrier 64 differential

Rad Davis rad.davis at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 10 23:44:11 EDT 2008

Bob's wrong on this one.  '64 GBs (and presumably the few '64 Rampsides
as well) have the boss on the bottom of the diff case for the leaf
spring.  I know - I have the original trans and diff from a '64
Greenbrier in my '65.

The '65 Greenbriers probably came with some '64 diff cases and some '65
diff cases, but we know that there were '65 cases made with the control
arm mounting pads cast on the bottom and a speedometer drive installed
in the side as with an early case.  Tim Schwartz in NJ has an NOS one if
you want to see it.

In short, When GM needed more FC diffs, they built them out of whatever
case was coming off the casting line that day.