[FC] GB Sway bar

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 21 02:31:37 EDT 2008

The group buy was done on the FC List.

Here's what I have in my archive about the install....

>From Larry Forman:
Hi all,
I just finished installing an ADDCO #145 FC front anti-sway bar.  It took
me about 3 hours, because I work slow, but really it was because the
instructions were confusing.  The issue was that there was a clearly
labeled "FRONT" above the center of the bar, but the instructions indicated
it should be installed behind the front A-arms.  Only after trying several
possible ways of mount it, did it make sense that the diagonal line above
and to the left of the word "FRONT" was intended to be an arrow pointing
BACKWARDS, but the arrow head was missing!  Once I realized this
documentation copying error, did it all make sense.  For anyone installing
these, just remember that you are looking from the BACK and not from the
front.

As for performance, it appears to make a world of improvement.  I have only
tested it on the street up to about 50, and the real test will be driving
at speed on the highway in windy conditions and in high speed turns.

I made handling several performance improvements including installing
Carrera rear shocks, adding extension strapping springs to limit wheel
jacking, which helped a whole lot, and finally, adding a front anti-sway
bar.  The rear shocks and extension springs helped eliminate the tail-happy
operation, but I am eager to see if the front anti-sway bar might be the
final answer combined with everything else.

Larry

>From Bill Wells:

Folks,

  Due to demand, I have placed four photos of my swaybar installation on
Photobucket.com.

  Here are the URLs:
  http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/brierpath/ramp-sway4.jpg

  http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/brierpath/ramp-sway3.jpg