[FC] GB Fuel tank access hole (2nd picture)

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sun Apr 27 12:17:39 EDT 2008

    First dimension (to the 5/16" threaded hole) is 15 1/2". Second one (to
the sheet metal front corner) is 1 1/4". Both measurements are referred to
the center of hole. Size of the hole is 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". The hole goes thru
two sheet metal plates, separated (on front) by about 1"). A 4 1/2" dia.
round hole could be better, if you have the tooling to do it. I used 3/4"
thick rubber to make the sealing between plates, after cutting.
 (http://rides.webshots.com/album/562655630UYNXuF?start=12)
   I started by drilling 5/16" holes at each corner on the upper side, then
cutting with a 1/16" x 4 1/2" cutting wheel. Be carefull on lower plate if
the tank is on place. There is about 1" clearance only between tank and
lower sheet plate. You can see how the sheet metal plates are at the
previous link. Cover plate was made from 18 ga. sheet metal.

   Daniel Monasterio