[FC] GB Fuel tank access hole (2nd picture)

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Mon Apr 28 22:38:10 EDT 2008

     The 15 1/2" measurement is from the right rear 5/16" threaded hole
(where the right leg of the seat is attached), to the center of the hole to
be cut. Think there is no structural issue (practically) but, if the hole is
square (like mine) try to round the corners. If having the tooling and
patience, a round hole will be better.
     You´ll cut thru 2 steel sheet plates, separated by about 1", on the
most. see the picture which show both plates with the insulation rubber
installed at http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2600137380103132926NTcBKE
     To have a better idea on the plates path look at
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2131829200103132926QqVnzA where the precut
rubber seals show the contour of the plates to be cut. Picture of the hole
as it appears from behind is at
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2939432540103132926KzOgsQ
     If not enough clear, just tell me to make a cross cut drawing of both
plates and top of sender.

     Daniel