[FC] <VV> 84hp powerglide MPH--------140 conversion?????

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 10:30:52 EDT 2008

 ??? Keep in mind that IF you are willing to spend the money 140 heads can be made to be as reliable as, if not more so, than any other Corvair engine out there. The problem is, most people don't want to spend the money for reliability.
??? Anyone that wants to do do any performance enhancement to an engine should know the basics before they start, if you don't then you are asking for problems. ANY head should be deflashed before you use it, even if that is the only thing you do to the head. There you have it, the basics.
??? The next basic for an FC is to make sure that you have NO obstructions in the air path in the FC. Have you checked yours???? I think you will find that there is some insulation material that could partially block the air flow, if it hasn't already. Have you done everything to help insure the life of your engine?

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com