[FC] <VV> 84hp powerglide MPH--------140 conversion?????

James Davis jld at wk.net
Fri Aug 1 10:45:53 EDT 2008

I have to agree with Ken here.  As one who has had a 1961
Rampside,140, 4-sp, since 1984 and put some 180,000 miles on it, it
is a reliable combination.   I have had two failures-broken
crankshaft (the engine didn't quit it just wouldn't idle) and a
broken push rod tip (probably to the 6,000 rpm redline). By the way
the truck has had air conditioning since 1986.
Jim Davis