[FC] Rampside Bulbs Information

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 10:18:33 EST 2008

"...better light on the back of these vehicles has been a goal of mine  for a
long time.(along with several other "upgrades!")..."

Mine too, Tim. Please keep me posted on  what you find with the tail light
assemblies. In the meantime, I've located, and  have in use on my wife's van and
my 67 coupe, an LED third brake light I've  found to work & fit particularly
well:

LED 40:
_http://www.atcomp.com/php/product.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=20&prod_id=48_
(http://www.atcomp.com/php/product.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=20&prod_id=48)

Use with the coordinating solid state relay... "Stop Logic" AT LC 1:

_http://www.atcomp.com/php/protypecat.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=23_
(http://www.atcomp.com/php/protypecat.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=23)

And use a 12-Volt slave relay (Bosh makes a good one with socket &  pigtails)
to provide full voltage to the LED 40. Wire the brake light  output from the
Stop Logic to fire the control coil of the slave relay (the  other side of
coil goes to ground). Feed the power circuit of the relay directly  from the
positive of the battery, through a fuse or fusible link, to the relay,  and out to
the LED 40.

Thanks,
Mike Mauro

**************Stay in touch with ALL of your friends: update your AIM, Bebo,
Facebook, and MySpace pages with just one click. The NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000012)