[FC] Rampside Bulbs Information

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 10:33:56 EST 2008

I added an independent turn signal bulb next to the brake/tail bulb. Your
local parts store should have 1156 and other sockets that press into a 3/4" (?)
hole. Plenty of room to add a second socket without putting one in the "tip".
I  haven't done this, but using a relay to allow more amps to the tail lights
so  you can run higher wattage bulbs is a good idea. Also at your local parts
store,  30 amp about $5 each. There is also a thin strip of LED's made to
mount in the  space between the tailgate and the bumper of modern pickups, about
3-4' long and  1/4" high. It would also work well with FC's; it's designed to
be a "third"  brake light.

For me, I found the turn signals to be too dim compared to the tail lights
at night, and I don't believe they worked as turn signals when the brakes were
also being applied, so I added the independent turn signal bulb sockets.

My next modification will be an unobtrusive bed light, I'm looking for some
bright 1" diameter flush mount housings to install on the rear corners of the
cab, lighting the bed. Truck stops are excellent sources for stuff like that.
To  keep from messing up the body, I may just get a magnetic light and wire
in a  waterproof connection under the cab.

Bill
richmond CA

PS: clutch cable came yesterday, rampy back on the road  tomorrow!