[FC] emblems

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Feb 22 14:47:14 EST 2008

Unfortunately,
something as small like these emblems once they are stripped of their
chrome chemically, all those pits will even be deeper. each individual pit
would have to be drilled even further to get the loose metal out, and
filled with metal and sanded.
Very labor intensive.
And a part that is easy to break.

It has been done.
Richard in Brazil actually made a new casting and melted aluminum cans to
create a new rear emblem for his 60 Corvair.
http://www.widman.biz/Corvair/corvair.html (around page 13)

My suggestion is to find better used or NOS for these...........

Gary Swiatowy