[FC] Alternative wheel and tire sizes

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 14:16:41 EST 2008

Happy New Year folks!

  I am currently shopping around for new wheels are tires for my Corvan. Right now the van has 14x6 passenger car wheels and their 4" BS barely rubs the outer tie rod end. I'd like to put rally wheels on it in either 14x6 or 15x6.  I can get either of these new with 3 1/2" or 3 3/4" backspacing.  The van has is a 110 4spd 3.27.  I'd like to keep the overall tire height close to stock because of the speedometer, the high 3.27 gearing, and turning circle.  I "think" the stock tire diameter is about 25.5"  This lead me to either a 205/70/14 or a 205/65/15 tire size.

  Eventually I'd also like to lower the front end some.

  Can anyone speak from experience on the best way to go?  I'd hate to plunk down several hundreds of dollars for new wheels and tires and have them not fit at all, or rub.

  Andrew Sego
  Indianapolis IN