[FC] Rampside body work and paint

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Tue Jan 1 20:14:36 EST 2008

Greetings all:

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope your FC antics have been good.

Today I "stripped" the brightwork off of the Rampside in anticipation of taking it to my school tomorrow. The boys in the collision repair shop are going to give it the old 1-2! The teacher is talking about a complete strippping and bead blasting to bare metal, repair of all soft/rust spots, and then a respray in a new color of my choosing.

I know it is a very broad subject, but what tips can you offer me to offer them in their process of stripping/repairing and repainting an FC? Anything you can add from past experience would be helpful, I am sure.

Lynn will have the garage bay for her Jetta for a few months! She deserves it, and the truck certainly deserves the makeover.

I will take lots of pictures and write it up for the newsletter as it nears completion later in Spring.

Thanks!  Ben