[FC] <VV> Rampside Engine cover NOT bolts

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 14:12:02 EST 2008

Hi Bill,

I only recall seeing clutch head bolts with no washers (ok screws).
However, I'm looking at page 269 of Parts and Accessories catalog effective
2/1/61.  That shows N.L. Screw Hex Washer HD. TAP (# 14-10 X 3/4).  It is
pictured as a hex head with a straight slot.  Also shown is a washer -
(group # ?) 8.932 - and described as 1/4 internal.

The page is titled Forward Control Engine Compartment Cover.  I can't tell
if this is a Rampside or not.  So, my question becomes....  did the
Grenbriers and Rampsides use different bolts in that area?  SFAIK, all the
Rampsides were built in St. Louis.  Were the Greenbriers build elsewhere and
possibly used different bolts (screws) for the engine cover?

Later, JR

My question is, did the engine cover screws use a lock washer?  The
tranny cover used the same screws, but generally had an external tooth
lockwasher under them, iirc.

Bill Strickland