[FC] engine cover - fastener talk

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 09:43:10 EST 2008

Folks,

  I remember reading somewhere about the FC designers, maybe Ed Cole, who wanted to be able to open the engine lid with the change in their pocket. I am using slotted, pan head, stainless bolts and keep a large washer laying on my battery box cover. The washer is my tool to open the lid. It has been in use two years. If I was motivated, I would make a holder for it inside the battery door. I have weatherstrip all around the lid and only use the two rear bolts to keep it down. Works great.

  Thanks,
  Bill Wells