[FC] Hard starting

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sun Jul 6 21:44:33 EDT 2008

Steve,

It is almost certainly that the fuel is evaporating from your  carbs in the 3
weeks the Rampside is dormant.  Pumping the accelerator  actuates the
accelerator pump in the carb itself.  If there is no gas in  the carb, it does
nothing.  There is no fuel for the accelerator pump to  pump until the fuel pump
delivers fuel to the carb to replace what has  evaporated.

Yes, an electric fuel pump would solve the problem if you let  it run for a
minute before cranking the starter.  There may be other ways  to slow the
evaporation of the fuel from the carbs but eventually the fuel will  evaporate.

Doc
'60 Corvette; '61 Rampside; '62 Rampside; '64 Spyder; '65  Greenbrier; '66
Corsa turbo coupe; '67 Nova SS; '68 Camaro ragtop
In a message dated 7/6/2008 9:00:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,