[FC] seats my ramblin's

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Jul 8 06:40:07 EDT 2008

in my case , after reviewing many interesting FC seat installations , i
opted to have mine rebuilt , with a slight amount of modern material added to  the
bottom cushion.  i also added heating elements . i have not had time to  put
in the wiring yet ,but getting closer.   i enjoy / need the heat  for a bad
back.  the rampy is as comfortable for us traveling as any big  cars we have
owned , including Cadillacs! part of the comfort is the way  you sit in an FC ,
not stretched out , but legs down , like a chair. i  have not seen any
installation that looks like it belongs. closest was a  chrysler new yorker seat in a
rampy years ago.  not bad , but the outer  puffy edges looked like they were
too big.  i did a lot of looking /  measuring at several "used auto part yards"
so i think , stock with slight modifications was the best choice for  me.  i
just did the same matching seat for my 64 greenbrier. the seat kinda  shows at
this link.    _http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/p5131218b.jpg_
(http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/p5131218b.jpg)
regards, tim colson
_http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/_ (http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/)