[FC] Thanks for the help

The Kidds takidd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:22:01 EDT 2008

Thanks to all that answered.  I thought I put the cover together both
ways and saw the holes line up but upon closer inspection this morning I
see that only a few line up if you put it together wrong.  Should always
do these things in the light of day!  When I got the van the two carbs
were so out of adjustment they filled the crank with gas in a couple of
minutes.  Who knows how many times that happened and how much damage
occurred before I got it.  I am in the process of assembling another 110
as a replacement and will put that in as soon as its done.
Unfortunately its a car block so I will want to rebuild the van block
after its out.

As for the U-joints I am a huge fan of the non-greaseable ones,
especially for a competitive car.  I broke one in my crown and the
damage from that flailing half shaft was amazing.   It is a greaseable
one that has disintegrated this time in the GB, probably from lack of
grease by the previous owners.