[FC] NEW Van guy

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Mar 1 10:48:59 EST 2008

Hi Don,
    Even not new to FCs as I got my very first by 1980 (a 65 GB, sold by
1987) but, I restored it partially only. This time I pretend to make a
better job on the 64. I found this one (thru Corsa classifieds) a year ago,
in Arroyo Grande, CA. where it sat parked for 23 years. Very little rust, a
few dents, well preserved deluxe upholstery. Trailered to Calexico, CA where
(on a friend's place) it took me 3 hours to "resurrect" it and drove trough
the border on her first 15 miles trip (on this millenium) to same friend's
home in Mexicali. That was the reborn of the Corvair disease as my
previously acquired vair was the 62 Rampy by 1988.

   This story... will continue

   Daniel Monasterio