[FC] NEW Van guy

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 08:03:15 EST 2008

New van guy, not new to Corvairs.......I've been "into" Corvairs since around 1962---  I recently acquired a '63 Greenbrier as part of a three vehicle purchase.  Owned by an ex-Air Force test pilot who found the thing in the California desert several years ago,,,  after retiring he moved the vehicles to Central Texas, where they sat in his private hangar for over six years---while the brake cylinders, gas tank, and 80 hp engine deteriorated.   The body has NO rust, and NO dents.

  Now- the Greenbrier has a completely rebuilt drivetrain- '65 van 110/4sp/3:27, new axel bearings,  dual brakes,  dual turbo mufflers (that was a lot of work), front bucket seats (and a couple of other parts) on the way from California Corvair, the other two seats are in the upholstery shop.  Long list of parts ready to go to Clark's to enhance it's "curb appeal".

  As soon as I'm satisfied that all the mechanical and "personal preference" changes are finished,,, it will go to the paint shop.  (I have a vested interest in a paint & body shop)

  The original intent for the GB was, "get it running and sell it"----- I should have never took that first test drive.

  Don Manen,  Alamo Corvair, Corvair Houston - now Corvanatics

  '64 Monza coupe/140- Being repainted/freshened for Heart of Texas
  '64 Monza coupe- getting a new drive train
  '66 Monza coupe- complete restore, nearly finished
  '63 Greenbrier- story herein