[FC] FC Front Spoiler

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Mar 2 22:42:38 EST 2008

Hello Don,

You will get a lot of suggestions as to which is the best air dam or
spoiler to use for an FC.  My favorite is the air dam or valence for a Ford
Ranger pickup 1989-1994.  I purchased mine from an aftermarket supplier:
Browns of Two Rivers, WI.  Their part number is 576-222.  The price was
$29.90 in 2004. Call them at 800-558-7750 to get their current price and to
place an order.

No matter what air dam you get, there will be some trimming needed to get
it to fit. The 89-94 Ranger unit only needs a little end trimming.  I found
that the outboard mounting holes in the air dam lined up almost exactly
with body bolts for the lower corner panels on my '65 Greenbrier.  You will
also need to get several large "speed nuts" ( a spring clip that accepts a
sheet metal screw) and some 3/8" head #12 x 1" sheet metal screws to mount
the center portion of the air dam.

If you have the original splash shield under the front of your GB you will
have to modify it some to accommodate this air dam.  Please email me for
pictures/instructions on this subject.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI