[FC] Van Title/Tag

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 13:49:23 EST 2008

>Re-titling vehicles is against the law in most if not all cases.  CORSA can't be part of this practice in anyway.

"Re-titling" (with the same VIN) is precisely what you do in California
to replace these purged titles (especially applicable to old "barn find"
Corvairs) -- completely legal and approved by the state.  Seems like
CORSA would support this.
     see CA DMV pamphlet HTVR14  'How To: Register Vehicles For Which
DMV Has No Record'

I could understand that CORSA would not promote changing VIN's, but is
there actually such a statement in the CORSA Constitution or By-Laws
about non-support of illegal activities?  If so, when did CORSA become
judge, jury, and executioner in determining just what is an "illegal
activity", and exactly what is the wording granting such authority,
except for concours events and tech inspections?  It would seem like
"illegal" would be more properly defined by the authorities in whose
jurisdiction the event occurred.  What's "legal" in Georgia and
California might not so be in Vermont, or does CORSA exclude some states?

Bill Strickland