[FC] van title/tag

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Wed Mar 5 14:58:57 EST 2008

Bud,

The issue was looking for a VIN tag with a title to re-vin a FC not how to re-title it with the original VIN tag.  CORSA got involved because this list is hosted on the CORSA server.  If it was on one of the other list on Yahoo or other servers, I wouldn't have replied.

If the question was about how to have a new title issued for the original VIN, their would be no issue.

In the Corvair world almost all re-vin-ing is done because of a lost title and it is easier and cheaper to re-vin than to get a new title issued, so it is not done for malicious purposes, just to get a car back on the road.

Sorry if people think I'm heavy handed on this issue, but I am and will be as long as I'm a director (which is only another few months).

Dennis pleau
CORSA Western Division Director