[FC] Vin Tags

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Mar 5 17:14:32 EST 2008

Sent this response to Dennis to VV in error.

> Folks
> CORSA's position on this issue is clear. Be that for organizational or other reasons, it is what it is.
>
> Go to your local PD and ask to see the arrest log for 24 hours. Then consider the offensiveness and the breach of public trust in changing the VIN tag on an antique car so it can be driven and appreciated by those who see it, compared to the crimes you've seen on the arrest log.
>
> Personally, I think every person who has a stash of Corvair Vin plates and titles to go with them should be boiled in oil, then hung, skinned, drawn and quatered, and then disemboweled.
>
> Let's give the burglars, robbers, murderers, child molestors, and the rest of the crook a slap on the wrist and make them promise not to do it again.
>
> If you're looking to do this, contact me privately and I'll let you know the names of the Automotive Criminals you need to contact OFF LIST that can assist you in fulfilling the heinous thought product of your perverted soul.
>
> Dennis--Lighten up, eh?
>
> Hank

Dennis Replied
I'm not about to lighten up.  I don't have a problem with re-vin-ing a car, just don't make the request on the CORSA server.

It's a bid OCD, and none of the rest of the directors seem to give a shit, so might just as well let be what is, and take my advice above if you get in a spot.
Hank