[FC] Greenbrier rear doors stripping

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Fri Mar 14 06:58:10 EDT 2008

Hello Daniel,

I would be reluctant to dip a whole door in a stripping solution.  Someone
else can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there is a [small] bead
of sealer applied between the door skin and inner panel before they were
crimped together.  I think that you will lose this sealer if the doors are
dipped.

I would recommend mechanical stripping of some sort or chemical stripping
of the exterior surfaces.  Wash out the interior of the doors with a good
detergent and scrub with long handle [bottle] brushes through any openings
the best you can.

Rust never seems to be an issue on Greenbrier/Corvan rear doors. I have two
parts GB's that spent their working life here in the MI-WI-MN area.  They
have rust holes elsewhere that a softball will fall through but the rear
doors of both are in great shape.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI