[FC] ride height

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Fri Mar 14 20:11:12 EDT 2008

Be sure your FC is not too heavy. My van with the camper kit was too heavy
and Ken tried to cut a new set of springs for me that would raise it a bit
(it was bottoming out...) at the A-arm. The new springs raised the truck too
much...higher than stock, even, forcing me to modify my garage door handles
and prop up the garage door with a board every time just so I could get it
inside.

After much trial and error and a very knowledgeable/patient auto mechanics
instructor at my school, and the labor of several students taking apart the
front end, cutting springs, and putting the front end back together, it sits
level again, and the ride is nice, but now the springs squeak A LOT!!!!! If
I had it to do over again after this 8 month ordeal, I would not have
changed from stock. This would have been a lot less trouble in my case.

Ben