[FC] brake adjustment

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Fri May 23 15:17:02 EDT 2008

Group:

I am happy to report that after two or three years, I am actually please with my Greenbrier braking situation. Fortunately, unlike Jim, right now things are not pulling.

The passenger side front brake pads are new and newly adjusted. The wheel/hubcap gets quite warm when driving and I get a smell...strangely like antifreeze (in a CORVAIR!!!) I know this is the warm brake lining that I smell.

I know brake adjustments on these buggies is not difficult. I hypothesize it is dragging a bit.

Can you guide me through the process briefly? I would like to look into it this weekend. I have actually done it years ago, but if I don't do something regularly...the old brain forgets how.

Thanks!  Ben