[FC] Repairing Fuel Pumps

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 18:04:42 EST 2008

My guess is that the compounds that the diaphragm are made of are
deteriorating prematurely due to the compounds used to make gasoline today.
Some of the new gasoline compounds can turn old rubber into mush in short
order.  Product liability is probably the real reason for higher costs of
replacement fuel pumps, and the lack of rebuilding materials.  I also doubt
that any silicone compounds available today will make a permanent repair to
your old defective diaphragms.

   Paul in CT