[FC] Repairing Fuel Pumps

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 23:40:34 EST 2008

"...I'll note that when I have experienced this problem, it was with  pumps
that had sat for months at a time between run cycles, and it was obviously
related to the drying-out of gasket and diaphragm materials..."

I can see where drying out of the diaphragm  material could lead to leakage,
but non-use has never played into the  issues with my FC: it is driven daily.
On the other hand, my 64 Spyder is only  driven about once every 30-days, if
that, and I've never experienced any  weeping between pump sections with that
vehicle. I surmise the added heat of the  FC design (and resultant contraction
& expansion cycling) , along with  the higher elevation of the FC fuel tank
(in relation to the fuel pump) are  major contributing factors. Regarding FC
fuel tank elevation: I've  noticed, when I've had fuel pump sectional leakage,
the leakage is more likely  with a full fuel tank. And, the fuel will continue
to leak (through  gravity) after the engine is shut down.

Mike Mauro

Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)