[FC] Repairing Fuel Pumps

Rad Davis rad.davis at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 7 21:38:14 EST 2008

Wow, you went a lot further with the screw tightening than I did.  My
standard of measure is that if I can't stop the leak easily with a
standard screwdriver that fits the screw, then something else is wrong
and must be investigated.

I'll note that when I have experienced this problem, it was with pumps
that had sat for months at a time between run cycles, and it was
obviously related to the drying-out of gasket and diaphragm materials.

Glad to hear you've had good experience with the NAPA pump - it's been a
long time since I've heard an actual recommendation for a corvair fuel
pump from anybody...