[FC] 1963 FC- repairing/replacing front floorboard- FCs used byEdison ?

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 12:07:18 EDT 2008

Unless a person is going to find replacement sheet metal and do it right,  there are few option that will work well. Obviously this is a "keep it running"  car, and not a show car. I would shy away from wood, even pressure treated  plywood, because it isn't stiff enough to help support the other body panels. If  I were to do it the shade tree way, I would cut out the bad parts and try to  tack-weld some plain sheet metal over the holes, bending and forming them as  needed to fit. Treat everything so it can't rust, and then maybe cover the whole  thing top and bottom with thick fiberglass for extra protection, sound  absorbtion, and strength. If you're a wood guy and not a welder, you COULD use  marine grade plywood and coat it with fiberglass, but the screws or bolt holes  will eventually wallow out and create a loose floor. Find someone with a little  wire feed welder to put in the new sheet metal, or rent one. If you can use a  caulking gun, you can use a wire feed welder; and if you've ever done paper  mache or duct-taped something together, you can use fiberglass.

Bill
richmond CA
61 rampy 63 greenbrier, 63 monza vert