[FC] 1963 FC- repairing/replacing front floorboard- FCs used by Edison ?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Tue Oct 7 13:10:26 EDT 2008

At 07:27 10/07/2008 -0700, David Houston wrote:
>  I saved a '63 FC from salvage last Jan. Upon removing the amateur
> carpeting in this former Pa. van, the most significant rust is in the
> front floors and bondoed rockers. Is the Floor removal a difficult job
> due to the unibody design?

Difficult is a relative term.  It depends upon your experience with auto
body work, your fabrication skills, tools and equipment at your disposal, etc..

>  Is there a replacement available? My rockers were repaired with
> fiberglass/bondo ,but it's showing it's age. The rest of the van's floors
> are decent.

I suggest that you find some more or less rust free replacement body pieces
from someone cutting up another FC.

Scott Morehead <moreheadscott at yahoo.com> recently posted that he had the
following body panels available:

Passenger Side wheel well rocker and dog leg.
Rear access panels (Corners) for the taillights (inside the bed area rear
Corners).
Door Checks - new.
4 speed dash panel with the shifting points identified.
Concours Quality door and window handles - inside
Concours quality vent wing handles
Boomerrang - Steering Relay
Cab - Wiring harness
And so much more - need something let me know off list.

I suggest you contact him to see if there is something you could use.

> >>snip<<
>  I was considering plywood as a floor replacement.

This may involve as much, if not more work than making a proper repair with
used or fabricated panels.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI