[FC] 2 questions

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 12:55:23 EDT 2008

>I don't know about the R, but a group 51 battery works...

All Grp 51's are the same size, the "R" has the terminals Reversed --
Seems like most folks prefer the way the 51R fits (more like the oem
terminal arragnement I believe), but there could be some personal choice
involved here depending on your actual installation.

On any vehicle that is 40 - 50 years old, rubber fuel line is where ever
you find it, and you can't discount the possibility of a steel line
having pinholes (rusted from the inside) either.  Both are generally
identifiable by a bit of fuel leakage just after shutting the vehicle
off, ie, fuel still in the line.  If your rubber hoses are old and
cracked, they need replacement for your personal safety (and that of the
vehicle) whether they are leaking or not.

Bill Strickland