[FC] 2 questions

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 12:15:24 EDT 2008

There is a slim battery at Costco that fits, I have two in service and they
work fine. I don't know the fitment code, but it's the only skinny battery
there. Cost is about $50. Costco return policy is one year no questions asked,
so if it doesn't work for you, no problem.

Bill
Richmond, CA

Hello FCers...

I have asked this one before, but it is  time for a new battery for the
recently completed/repainted Rampside. Is it a  Group 51R battery that we
use? The old one is currently not really holding  much of a charge, and
it has been in there a while.

Also, I have a  great deal of trouble restarting the Rampside once it is
warm. I think it  might be sucking too much air at a deteriorated fuel
line hose. I am going to  get it on a lift to check things out just as
soon as it is inspected. How  many fuel line hoses are there that could
be causing this trouble? I know the  truck has one added where an in-line
fule filter was added, but I am not sure  of all of the stock locations.
Anyone have a quick primer for me?

I am  looking forward to driving it again. It has been off the road since
January .  I did drive it home, and it ran fine (once restarted!!! that
was work!), but  it still does not have the sticker in the window. I
would like to enjoy it a  bit before the snow starts flying and I have to
park it for a few  months.

Thanks to  all!

Ben
Corvanatics  mailing  list
Corvanatics at corvair.org
This  list sponsored by the Corvair Society of  America,
Corvanatics  mailing  list
Corvanatics at corvair.org