[FC] level load floor option

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Thu Sep 4 19:24:22 EDT 2008

Greetings FCers...

Some years ago, Lonzo gave me the brackets for a level load floor option for my Rampside. His exact words were..."I don't have a Corvair pickup truck and you do, so these are yours." He's a great guy...just wish we lived closer!

Anyway, with the truck being painted, I have decided to have the brackets painted the same color and install them. As with many trucks I have seen, the holes for said brackets are in place, but the brackets were long gone.

The bracket that goes on the removable transaxle cover has two distinct, curved "dents," one on each side, like a HEAVY piece of 4" iron pipe was dropped on each side...they are nearly identical, but in my mind's eye, the bracket should be flat, not with these dents. I have the metals teacher at school welding new catch nuts on some of the other brackets, and he can straighten the bent, dented bracket as well...that is if it is supposed to be flattened.

Any ideas? I don't know that a level load floor will ever grace the bed, but I think it will be cool to thave the brackets installed.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have on this!

Ben