[FC] weatherstrip glue

Vairbilly at aol.com Vairbilly at aol.com
Thu Sep 4 21:33:46 EDT 2008

Hi Ben

              I have a suggestion for FC"s on weather strips if you look at
page 10-  99  of the 1961 shop manual you will see a door picture, revealing
that a weather  strip (outer) runs up over the door. I have 2 61 rampsides that
i put an outer  weather strip on the doors it makes the door shut tigher,keeps
wind,rain from  coming in and stops some of the wistleing noise. i dont
believe the corvair  vendors stock it. i got some from J C Whitney 8ft length
enough for one door and  they sent a small tube of glue with at that time. Willing
to answer  any questions you have.  I dont think you will find that on 62 thru
65 FC  due to the fact that they have rain gutter on the windshield post and
61's had  no gutter.

                                                                        Bill
Rudolph

Corvair Atlanta

In a message dated 9/3/2008 10:00:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,