[FC] (no subject)

rmoulton at email.arizona.edu rmoulton at email.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 13 03:31:10 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone for the info on the tires and rims. The van now has what I
believe are the stock rims, but that remains to be proven out. I like the
original stamped steel rims, so like like to find and similar replacement for
the spare. It has one 195/75R14 on it. The fronts are Sears bias plys w/ some
impressive weather cracks and someone put a  14" donut spare on the the right
rear. I think for the time being I'll look for a few good used 195s since they
will fit on the stock rims and see if I want to upgrade to 15" rims later.
Having done this a few times w/ other makes of vehicles it'll be interesting to
see what kind of condition the rims are in.

I've had a couple of VW buses in the past, and when pulling the engine we
typically put a would block on top of the floor jack and went to it. Since the
Corvair engine has a stamped pan what's the procedure here?

Bob