[FC] 3 vs. 4 speed

rmoulton at email.arizona.edu rmoulton at email.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 17 22:23:16 EDT 2008

OK so the shift patterns are as I thought. I thought they may have used the same
speedo insert. Thanks for the info on this. My guess is it's got a 3-speed, but
there is a fair bit of slop in the shifter so I'll just need to play around w/
it. Right now it takes a fair bit of accelerator to get it going. It may be
that I'm catching second or it may have more to do w/ the engine needing a good
tune up. Clarks didn't have a original knob new or used but they did find me a
walnut one for $1.60. The price was right and some shift knob is better than no
shift knob. It has a four speed pattern on it, so if the van is a 3-spd it
should add to the confusion. I guess it will make it more difficult to steal:)

Bob