[FC] speedo -2 (humor)

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 10:23:36 EDT 2009

 You really don't need to pull the speedo just to lube the shaft. If you pull the cable and then reach up you will feel the stub of the shaft. All you need to do is wet your fingers to the point of dripping with WD40 or something similar, reach up and let the lube get on the parts. Spin the shaft with your fingers and the lube will work its way through the shaft. I have done this very thing with the speedo apart and watched the lube wick its way down the shaft, I have also done this on cars with the dash in and works every time. Be sure to look at a speedo drawing first so you know where to put your fingers to do the most good, or put your head under the dash and look.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

In a message dated 4/1/2009 9:00:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,