[FC] more Rampy

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 20:03:46 EDT 2009

I'm not picking on anyone here but there have been a couple of things said about this. First 10W30 or 10W40 is the recomended oil. I also would not just throw parts at the engine until you know what is going on. Do some troubleshooting first. Pull the oil pressure switch wire and see if the light goes out. If it doesn't the switch is not the problem, follow the wire and keep unplugging until you find the problem. 30 PSI of oil pressure?is the stock oil pressure!!!!! If you want more then you need to play stretchy with the relief spring or get a heavier one. At idle when the engine is hot you may only see 5-10 psi.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com