[FC] more Rampy

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Apr 28 08:42:33 EDT 2009

FWIW, I looked around the Internet for some specs a few months ago
regarding ZDDP in oil.  The only off the shelf oil I could find that
had a reasonable level was Mobil 1 15W-50.  All the other weights
have reduced ZDDP.  Most other oils didn't give a spec at all.  I can
tell you if it is an SM "Energy Conserving" oil, I don't want it in a
Corvair.

BTW, I'm aware that there are some other oils that still have enough
ZDDP for flat tappet engines, but they (notably Amsoil) aren't what I
consider "off the shelf" around here.  I can reasonably count on
buying Mobil 1 when I want it.

--Bryan